The job of a military service member or tactical law enforcement officer is difficult enough without having to worry about being injured during a routine training exercise. That concern, however, is well-founded based upon the frequency and severity of incidents that occur during simulated combat training. The majority of these injuries – and even deaths – are the result of live ammunition being accidentally introduced into the training environment.
Until recently, training exercises involving blank ammunition or non-lethal marking ammunition still required the use of standard rifle magazines. These magazines can be easily mixed up with magazines containing live ammunition; the results of which can, and do, prove deadly.
Lancer Systems takes the safety of our soldiers and police officers very seriously. That’s why we’re proud to offer our industry-leading L5AWM® Train-Safe Magazines (TSM). The Lancer TSM’s are specifically designed with a number of safety features not currently available in any other training magazine, including an updated internal geometry that inhibits even a single round of standard live ammunition from being loaded into a rifle. Additionally, the translucent magazine body provides instant visual confirmation of ammunition type and round count, allowing instructors and trainees alike to have complete confidence during training exercises.
Lancer’s L5AWM Train-Safe Mags are compatible with most M4-pattern weapon platforms chambered in 5.56mm NATO and have been extensively tested and proven to be reliable with non-lethal marking cartridges from Simunition® and Force on ForceTM, as well as with standard 5.56mm blanks.
Increased Durability and Reliability
- Proprietary polymer body offers unmatched durability, even in sub-freezing conditions (tested from -40F to +180F)
- Hardened steel feed lips do not bend, deform, or crack under hard use or extended storage
- Impact and chemical resistant polymer body meets or exceeds military testing standards
- Non-tilt follower with stainless steel spring allows for loaded mag storage without degrading performance
Improved Combat Readiness
- Translucent magazine bodies (select models) make for easy pre-training inspections
- Expedites visual confirmation of ammunition levels during and between exercises
Superior Safety and Efficiency
- Reduces weapon malfunctions by providing increased reliability
- Allows for immediate visual identification of ammunition type
- Increases ammunition awareness during reloads