Lancer set out to design a better 5.56 magazine; one with the reliability of steel and the durability and weight of polymer. The L5 Advanced Warfighter Magazine (AWM®) is that magazine.
The L5AWM’s exclusive hybrid design includes a hardened steel feed lip assembly molded into a proprietary polymer body with aggressive surface texturing to create the ultimate rifle magazine tough enough for military, law enforcement, and competition applications.
- The L5AWM is compatible with modern weapon systems, including M4/M16/AR15, SCAR16, HK416, ARX160, SIG556, ARC, SIG MCX, IWI Tavor, IWI X95, SA80, chambered in 5.56x45mm / .223 Remington.
- Designed, tooled, manufactured, and assembled in the USA
L5AWM 30 – Translucent Smoke may be ordered using NSN: 1005-01-657-7839
Increased Durability and Reliability
- Proprietary polymer body offers unmatched durability, even in sub-freezing conditions (tested from -40F to +180F)
- Hardened steel feed lips do not bend, deform, or crack under hard use or extended storage
- Impact and chemical resistant polymer body meets or exceeds military testing standards
- Non-tilt follower with stainless steel spring allows for loaded mag storage without degrading performance
Improved Combat Readiness
- Translucent magazine bodies (select models) make for easy pre-training inspections
- Expedites visual confirmation of ammunition levels during and between exercises
Superior Safety and Efficiency
- Reduces weapon malfunctions by providing increased reliability
- Allows for immediate visual identification of ammunition type
- Increases ammunition awareness during reloads
Mark Buskirk –
After trying various magazines that you had to grind portion out bend the feed lips and other fiddling around with these work perfectly just put the ammunition in and go I use it for .458 SOCOM its first one I found that feeds the ammunition right out of the package. Will definitely be buying more. I purchased the 20 round mag and it holds 8 .458 SOCOM.
Joseph Davis –
i run these mags in my 5.56 and 458 socom never have i had any type of feeding issues bar none this is the finest magazines i own
Great mags!!! Works wonderfully for the 223/556 and for the 50 Beowulf without having to alter the magazine in any way. Great product. These will definitely be my go to going forward
I have used these magazines for dozens of range days and competitions over the last few years, with several different AR15’s and thousands of rounds of various brands of 223 and 556, ranging from 55 grain to 77 grain bullets, and have not had any problems whatsoever with them. There are many great mags to choose from, and Lancer is one of them, but I choose it over the others because the steel feed lips give added peace of mind. They also it fit my mag pouches better than the rest of the non-GI mags.
Fred Miller –
Everybody wanted me to use PMAG. Don’t like them. Lancer is much more durable, reliable, loads easier and feeds consistently better.
TRAVIS PETERSON (verified owner) –
Just recieved my order for 5 of these bad boys. They look great and function great. Another satisfied customer. Thanks Lancer!!
Capt Russell Grayson USMC ret –
I use the L5-AWA30 in translucent red to differentiate visually in an instant & select my IMI 77gr BTHP for use in my 5.56. (My 62 gr green-tips go into black mags for easy ID.) I use the L5-AWA30 in translucent purple to visually ID my “business” rounds: IMI 69gr BTHP. I Have a few mags clipped together in pairs, so I can swap mags instantly after 30 rds. while training. I have NEVER had a FTF, nor any difficulty in loading the mags on the spot. These are my favorites and—though I have plenty of P MAGS—I find that the L5-AWA mags are my consistent choice during training.
Never had a problem with these mags. Love the translucent smoke color for easy identification of rounds left in mag. Easy to load, and I’m never worried about messing up the feed lip like I would with a PMag. Great product.