Developed for use in downhole oil drilling operations, Lancer’s Fiber Optic Extreme® – an optical connection system that ensures data transmission when exposed to extreme pressures and extreme temperatures – is capable of withstanding operating pressures of 25,000 psi and temperatures up to 347°F (175°C).
- High-pressure operation—Our connections are designed for operation up to 25,000 psi
- High-temperature operation—Our connections are designed for operation up to 347 °F (175°C)
- Channel count— 1 to 48 channels
- Small size—Connectors fit in external housing less than 0.5″ OD
- Patented technology—Our proprietary joining technology ensures sealing and precision alignment under extreme conditions
- Single or multi-channel configuration—Available per customer configuration, all designs can incorporate single-mode and multi-mode fibers
- Stainless steel bodies—Manufactured from 17-4pH, Inconel® 718, Inconel® 625 or Hastelloy® C-276; other materials can be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Test reports—Every connector and feedthrough adapter is 100 percent tested for light insertion loss prior to delivery; a test report accompanies every connector and feedthrough
The superior ruggedness of the Fiber Optic Extreme® penetrator is demonstrated in a comprehensive test report outlining the environmental and mechanical testing conducted by an independent laboratory. The report includes temperature cycling, salt fog, shock, vibration and pressure tests.